The Aboriginal Patient Navigator (APN) Program offers support and assistance to Aboriginal patients/clients who are referred to St. John’s, NL for medical treatment. The APN Program provides a link between Aboriginal communities and Eastern Health care providers.
Services and Supports
- Navigation to appointments.
- Arranging interpretative services for Innu-Aimun and Inuktitut languages.
- Assistance to access meals, transportation, accommodations, medical supplies and discharge planning.
- Liaising with internal and external agencies.
- Education and information sharing.
(Located in Women’s Health Centre, across from Tim Horton’s on the Yellow Brick Road, Main Patient Entrance, Health Science Centre)
Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday 8:00-4:00pm
Senior Aboriginal Patient Navigator
Health Science Center Rm. 2J514
Office: (709) 777- 2199/Fax:777-2210
Pager: (709) 758-9117
Aboriginal Patient Navigator
Health Sciences Center Rm. 2J514
Office: (709) 777-2110/Fax:777-2210
Pager: (709) 758-1714