The member service standards are centered on the following principles of member service: standards; openness; accessibility; and accountability.
- We will be courteous and treat you with respect every time you contact us.
- The information you provide to us is protected.
- Inquiries by letter will receive a reply within 15 business days of the date we receive your inquiry. If for any reason we cannot reply within that time frame, we will acknowledge your letter and advise you of the length of time it will take before we are able to respond to your questions fully.
- Inquiries by e-mail or fax will receive a reply within 3 business days of the date that we receive your inquiry. If for any reason we cannot reply within that time frame, we will acknowledge your communication and advise you of the length of time it will take before we are able to respond to your questions fully.
- Inquiries by telephone, we endeavor to answer all telephone calls, however, at times this is not possible. Please leave a message, we will respond to your request within 4 hours.
- When you visit the Qalipu First Nation’s Band office, a member of our staff will serve you promptly.
- Some special requests may require action from council. If this is the case, we will give you an explanation and an estimate of time required to make a decision.
- When you visit the Qalipu First Nation Band Office, the staff member who takes care of your needs will identify themselves by giving you their full name.
- When you telephone our office, we will identify ourselves by giving you our full name.
- Information on how to contact our departments is listed on our website and voice mail directory.
- Our correspondence will be easy to understand, and, unless you receive a computerized notice, the person writing you will give you his or her full name.
- When you telephone us, we will return your call.
- When you e-mail us, we will respond to your e-mail.
- When visiting us, you will be assisted within 5 minutes of your scheduled appointment.
- If things go wrong, at the very least you are entitled to a full explanation and an apology.
- A Service Assessment Survey form is available in our office, and on our website, for you to tell us how we did and how we can improve our service.
- Our aim is to provide the highest standard of service to our members. If at any time you feel that your needs have not been met and you are not satisfied with our service, you may contact:
The member service standards are published on our website, in our membership material, and are contained in our staff orientation in order to communicate these standards to our members and to reinforce them with our employees. There is a clear presumption that our service will progressively improve as our operations become more efficient. The plan will be reviewed and updated periodically as we gain more experience with it and as we compare our service to member service standards (and benchmark our service to that or other service-focused associations). For more information on the association and its programs, visit our website at www.qalipu.ca. You can contact us by telephone at (709) 634-0996 in Newfoundland.