Due to the overwhelming success of the first random draw in the Fall of 2021, QFN is pleased to offer the Residential Home Heat & Energy Rebate Program for a second time. As a direct result of the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic and multiple stay at home orders, Qalipu First Nation recognizes that its members have endured and continue to experience financial hardship due to the unexpected rise in the cost of heating and running their homes. To support its membership through these unprecedented times, Qalipu First Nation is pleased to host a random draw to disperse a one-time payment of up to $350 to each successful applicant toward their incurred Home Heat & Energy costs. While all applications will be accepted, priority will be given to those who were not selected during the first random draw in the Fall of 2021. Limited funds are available, the draw will extend until funds are exhausted.
- Applicant must be a registered member of Qalipu First Nation.
- Applicants are required to be a resident of Canada for a minimum of (12) consecutive months prior to date of application.
- Applicants are required to provide proof of Home Heat and/or Energy costs incurred in the form of receipts or invoices from a Registered Home Heat and/or Energy Provider displaying the following:
- Applicant’s name and full address. Address on application must match service address listed on receipts/invoices provided.
- The business # or HST # of registered business or show member’s account #.
- Receipt/invoice(s) total must show a minimum of $350 in Home Heat or Energy charges.
- Eligible receipt/invoices are required to be dated from the period of January 1st, 2022 – May 1st, 2022.
*Please Note: If the residential heat or energy account is in the name of a non-member spouse or partner, you may still submit your application with that document. However, it will be necessary to provide further documentation to support that you are a resident of that same household. Acceptable verification sources can include but are not limited to: property tax invoices, poll tax invoices, online shopping receipt or shipping confirmations, pay stubs etc. The secondary sources of proof must state the members/applicants name and an address that matches the home heat or energy receipt/invoice submitted. They must be from a registered business.
- Online Submissions are Required. Click here for the application
- If unable to access a computer or internet service, QFN encourages members to have a family member or friend apply on their behalf. Phone support will be provided at 709-634-4577 or 709-393-6777.
- Online application collection will be open for four (4) weeks: May 4th– June 1st, 2022 @ 4:00 pm.
- Limit of one application per member. Duplicate applications will be removed from draw. In the event duplicate applications are received, QFN will consider the first application received as the valid submission.
- All applications will require: Name, Accurate Shipping/Mailing address, Street Address (if different from mailing address), Band #, Phone Number and/or email address. Incomplete applications will be removed from draw.
- While all member applications will be accepted, only one successful applicant per household is permitted. If additional applications are subsequently drawn from the same household, they will be considered ineligible.
- Direct deposit is the quickest method of reimbursement. Please upload accurate banking information with your application if possible. A mailed cheque is an option but may cause additional delays.
Draw Date & Successful Applicant Contact Process
- A Random Draw will take place on: June 6th, 2022.
- Priority will be given to QFN members who were not selected from the previous random draw.
- Due to privacy concerns a list of winners will not be posted and only successful applicants will be contacted.
- Reimbursements will be processed after all eligibility requirements have been met.
- Please allow up to 8 weeks from draw date to receive your reimbursement.
- It is the responsibility of the successful applicant to report any benefits received under this program to Canada Revenue Agency. Please refer any tax related questions to CRA.
For inquiries contact the COVID support team by telephone:
Melissa – 709-393-6777
George – 709-634-4577
Or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org