Qalipu First Nation (QFN) Housing Division is pleased to announce the launch of the Home Repair Program Monday April 25th, 2022. The Home Repair Program (HRP) serves to provide financial assistance up to $5,000.00 for QFN band members who reside in Newfoundland & Labrador. While funding is limited, the collection of data and need for similar programs will be thoroughly assessed during this launch.
HRP is intended to provide such financial assistance towards housing repairs to increase the functionality, sustainability, and longevity that will ensure a safe and sound standard of living specific to members needs. Applicants must submit all required documentation by June 24th, 2022. It is strongly encouraged that applicants and/or co-applicants review the application in its entirety to ensure all required documentation is included before mailing it back to QFN Housing Division. Applicants and/or co-applicants with questions surrounding the application process can reach out to 709-634-3176 or 709-634-0411.
- Applicant must be a registered member of Qalipu First Nation
- Applicant and/or Co-Applicant are required to be a resident of Newfoundland and Labrador
- Applicant is required to provide proof of combined annual income, proof of home ownership, and sales quotes for materials, supplies, and labour
- Requirement of combined household income must be below $34,866.00, based on Government definition of “Low Income Taxable Reduction – LITR”
- Additional supporting documents such as, letter of support, letter from service NL, and/or photographs may be requested
A co-applicant can be the homeowner who is a not a member of the band, and is applying for their live-in dependent, who is a registered band member. Additionally, a co-applicant can be a member of the band applying for a dependent, who is not a registered member of the band.
Please Note: If housing ownership is in the name of a non-member spouse or partner (co-applicant), it will be necessary to provide further documentation to support that you are a resident of the same household.
Here are some quick points to be brought to the attention of band members when filling out your application:
- Combined annual household NET income must be below $34,866.00, this is based on the Government’s definition of “Low Income Taxable Reduction – LITR”
- Copy of 2021 Tax Assessment MUST be included with application as a supporting document
- Applicants have until June 24th, 2022, to submit their application. This program is not based on first come first serve. Applications WILL not be reviewed until after June 24th, 2022.
- ALL supporting documentation MUST be included with each application. If application is deemed incomplete, then the application may not be reviewed or processed.
- Proof of homeownership can be proven in a few different ways including:
- Property tax
- Copy of mortgage or deed
- Proof of purchase and/or sale