Our membership database, ginu, is an essential tool for all members of the Band. It allows QFN to stay in touch with its members for elections, email voting that may take place between elections, and to share general communications like special offers, newsletters and Messages from the Chief. The database also allows members to complete their employment profile and opt to receive notice of employment opportunities and lets them identify if they’d like to be contacted regarding volunteer opportunities.
Logging in is easy. From the top of our website, Qalipu.ca, click on GINU MEMBER LOGIN. You will then see options:
- logging in for the first time (new members) After agreeing to the terms and conditions, new members will be asked for their 10-digit status number (034xxxxxxx), their date of birth and will have to *create a password.
- or already logged in once. If you’ve logged in once before, use your 10-digit status number and your password.
If a password is forgotten, or you have trouble logging in, please click forgot your password or call the support line 1-855-263-6440.
*Note: new passwords must be a minimum of 8 characters in length, contain an uppercase letter, contain a lowercase letter and contain a number.
Once you have logged in, you will see that your profile is organized into three parts: My Profile, My Employment Advantage and Communication Preferences.
We ask all members to fill out as much information as possible here, however there are several essential items we will need for all members of the Band. All of these can be updated under the “My Profile” tab:
- Email – we may email important information as often as once a week.
- Message from the Chief
- Email voting
- Special offers
- Benefit, service and program updates
- Mailing Address
- Your voter information package will be sent through the mail
- Your Electoral Ward is determined by your current mailing address if living in and around the Wards
- Your Electoral Ward is determined by your Substantive Community Connection if you live outside the Wards.
- Phone number
- Telephone campaigns may be used to contact you regarding important issues and/or opportunities
MY EMPLOYMENT ADVANTAGE
Are you looking for employment? Qalipu First Nation is often in contact with employers and would like to help you find a job! One way that we do this is through the Employment Advantage feature in our database.
- Sign up for the Employment Advantage Mailing List. If you would like to have Qalipu First Nation contact you on behalf of potential employers, agents, contracting individuals or entities regarding any new employment, business, or contractual opportunities, go to the Communication Preferences Tab and select that option.
- Your Employee Profile contains resume information like education, training, certifications, and other information to help Qalipu understand the needs of our members from an employment point of view. We encourage you to complete as much of this information as possible whether you are currently seeking employment or not. This information can be used to help guide our programs, services and program delivery.
- Communication Consent Preferences. Add an email address and choose how you would like to be contacted.
- First option = send me everything (programs, services, newsletters, events, announcements)
- Second option = send me the essentials only! Sign up to receive emails regarding elections, e-voting, enrolment and important notices regarding your benefits
- Third option = Employment Advantage: sign up to be contacted about jobs and training opportunities
- Fourth option = Volunteer: sign up to receive notice about opportunities to volunteer
- Member Live Stream. We are working toward making Council Meetings available by livestream. Signing in to your ginu membership profile will be your access to these, and other members only viewing opportunities.
- News from Qalipu.ca. All the Latest News is streamed here.
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-855-263-6440