QFN Health & Wellness Division is Pleased to be Re-Launching the Senior’s Essential Travel Subsidy Program.
The Senior’s Essential Travel benefit is geared toward supporting Qalipu First Nation members aged 60+ who reside in Canada. These band members are eligible to apply for a subsidy valued at $200/per household (includes $50/month for the months of January, February, March & April) to subsidize costs incurred while travelling to purchase groceries and other essential items during the pandemic.
- Applicant must be a registered member of Qalipu First Nation.
- Applicants must be aged 60 or older at the time of application.
- Applicants are required to be a resident of Canada for a minimum of (12) consecutive months prior to date of application.
- Online Submissions are REQUIRED.
- If you are unable to access a computer or internet service, QFN encourages members to have a family member or friend apply on their behalf. Phone support will be available at 709-634-4577 or 709-393-6777. We will return your call as soon as possible.
- Only one application will be required to apply for the 4-month period of January, February, March & April which includes $50/month = $200 combined value (per household).
- Online applications will be accepted for six (6) weeks: May 24th – July 5th, 2022 @ 4:00pm OR until funding has been exhausted, whichever comes first.
- Limit of one application per household. Duplicate applications will be removed. QFN will consider the first complete application submitted as the valid submission.
- All applications will require: Name, Mailing address, Street Address (if different from mailing address), Band #, Phone number and/or email address. Incomplete applications will be deemed ineligible.
- Direct deposit is the quickest method of reimbursement. QFN encourages all applicants to upload accurate banking information with their applications if possible.
- Reimbursements will only be processed after all eligibility requirements have been met.
- Please allow up to 8 weeks from application closure date to receive your reimbursement.
- It is the responsibility of the successful applicant to report any benefits received under this program to CRA. Please refer any taxation questions to CRA.